Ashland, Ohio Cremation Arrangements
Quality Cremation Services Offered in Ashland, Ohio
Heritage Cremation & Burial Society offers quality and compassionate cremation services to residents of Ashland, Ohio. The compassionate staff at Heritage is ready to help you through this difficult time with exceptional customer service wherever you feel it would be most comfortable and convenient for you—whether that’s at our arrangement office nearest to you or in the comfort of your own home. We are even able to complete all legal documentation online. You can choose an option from our various cremation plans that best suits you and your family’s needs.
Ashland is a warm community with a vibrant downtown, known for welcoming residents and visitors alike with a large sign that says, “World Headquarters of Nice People.” Founded in 1815, the town was renamed to “Ashland” in 1822 by supporters of Henry Clay, a U.S. Senator with roots in Ashland, an estate now recognized as a National Historic Landmark in Lexington, Kentucky.
At the Heritage Cremation & Burial Society, we seek to honor Ashland’s “nice people”, small-town charm and rich heritage with the area’s highest quality cremation services and exceptional, compassionate customer care.
The Heritage Cremation & Burial Society is pleased to offer Ashland families the option of selecting the cremation plan that best meets their needs. These plans are designed to offer quality, compassionate service and great value.
Our signature cremation plan for veterans offers the same benefits and services as the basic plan for veterans, but with a few added services that offer additional help and support to the family.
- Staff services and use of our facilities and equipment
- Transfer of the deceased from a care or medical facility at time of death
- Use of our refrigeration facilities
- Confirmation of the decedent’s identity (see Required Selections)
- Use of our crematory facilities for the cremation of the deceased
- Free cemetery lot or wall niche including grave marker or wall niche name plate at an approved Ohio VA cemetery
- Open and closing of cemetery space provided by the cemetery at no charge
- Service with full military honors at the cemetery
- The container the body is placed in for cremation (alternative container)
- A simple protective container the cremains are placed in following cremation
- Preparation and delivery of the death certificate to the physician of record for signing
- Acquisition of certified death certificate(s) which includes hand delivering the signed death certificate to the health department and acquiring the copies requested by the family (the actual cost of the death certificates is extra)
- Cremation permit and recording fees
- Notifying government agencies including Social Security and the Veterans Administration
- Hand delivery to family or cemetery in Stark, Portage, Medina, Summit, Tuscarawas or Cuyahoga County
- Free obituary listing on the Heritage Cremation & Burial Society website
Planning Ahead with Pre-Planning Cremation Services
The Heritage Cremation & Burial Society offers a simple prepayment plan that includes everything necessary to complete your final arrangements.
Ashland, Ohio Obituaries
Please take a moment to honor those who have passed and will be greatly missed in Ashland, Ohio.
See What Ohio Families Say About Heritage Cremation & Burial Society
Where We’re Located
Contact Us to Make Arrangements
Contact the Greater Canton Arrangement Office of The Heritage Cremation & Burial Society today to learn more about cremation plans offered in Ashland, Ohio, or to start making arrangements for a loved one.